Moving to Boston From the Washington, DC, Area
Are you moving from Washington, DC, to the Boston area? The team at Georgetown Moving and Storage Company makes it easier than ever to relocate to a new city.
Our professional movers are knowledgeable about each city’s neighborhoods — we’ve moved thousands of people up and down the East Coast and across the country for over two decades.
You can count on us to get your belongings to your new home with the care, attention, and professionalism they deserve. Our comprehensive services include packing, out-of-state moving, and hoisting services tailored to your moving needs.
With our three-day service from the DC metro area to Boston, we turn the challenging process of inter-city moving into a hassle-free experience.
Reliable Interstate Moving Services to Massachusetts
- Guaranteed delivery: Our three-day direct guarantee means you choose the date your belongings are delivered to your new home.
- GSA-certified movers: To become GSA-certified, a mover must demonstrate its ability to provide reliable, secure, and professional moving services that comply with federal standards and regulations. Our company meets GSA criteria and is authorized to relocate for federal agencies, including the military and their personnel.
- Storage services: Need to store some items in DC while you settle into your new home in Boston? We offer multiple options, including short-term storage.
- Packing assistance: Packing can be one of the most stressful parts of moving. Our movers can provide partial- or full-service packing, saving you time and frustration. They use professional-grade moving boxes, strong tape, and cushioning material to protect your household items during their journey.
Each of our movers receives professional training in our facility on packing, paperwork, and courteous customer service.
Top Neighborhoods To Move to in Boston
The greater Boston area has many great neighborhoods to choose from, but these areas consistently rank as some of the best to live in:
- Cambridge: Popular with students and young professionals, Cambridge offers a relaxed lifestyle and small-town feel without sacrificing the amenities of a big city. It scores a perfect five on public transit and walkability, with city laws promoting clean energy, cycling, walking, and mass transit.
- North End: This Boston neighborhood is filled with young professionals, families, and life-long residents. Often referred to as the area’s “Little Italy,” it has great restaurants, old-world cafes, parks, and historical attractions, including a large portion of the Freedom Trail.
- Seaport: Want to live in Boston’s hottest new neighborhood? Seaport is for you! This section of South Boston has undergone an incredible transformation over the last decade, giving residents access to cultural centers, museums, and amazing views of Boston Harbor.
- Beacon Hill & West End: Young professionals looking to live close to downtown enjoy living in Boston’s oldest neighborhoods. Narrow cobblestone streets with gas lighting and Federal-style homes offer a historic charm just a short walk to modern amenities, including a lively nightlife, museums, and great restaurants.
- Brookline: Part of Norfolk County, Brookline is close to the Boston Medical School and Boston University. First settled in 1638, the community’s impressive history is reflected in its classical architecture and vibrant culture.
- Additional suburbs: Quincy, Worcester, and Belmont are just a few of the Boston neighborhoods offering a diverse range of living experiences, amenities, and lifestyles. Quincy’s rich history and stunning waterfront balance urban and suburban living. Worcester, farther away, is a city in its own right with a unique blend of modern and historical attractions. Belmont is famous for its strong sense of community and excellent schools.
Benefits of Moving to Boston From DC
A rich history, diverse culture, fun sports environment, and robust economy make Boston a wonderful place to live and work.
A leader in education and healthcare, the city is within reach of other East Coast cities like New York and Philadelphia and not far from vacation destinations like the White Mountains, Cape Cod, and the Maine coastline. There’s something for everyone in Boston!
Schedule a Professional Move From DC to Boston
Ready to move from Washington, DC, to Boston? Georgetown Moving and Storage Company provides affordable out-of-state moving services to all Boston-area communities. You can count on us to make your Boston relocation experience as enjoyable and stress-free as possible.