Home Packing Services DC, MD & Northern VA
Packing Doesn’t Have To Be a Hassle. Call Georgetown for Professional Packing Help!
Deciding how to pack your belongings safely and securely can be difficult, time-consuming, and frustrating—unless you have a professional home packing company to do the work for you!
When you trust our professional home packing service for your move, we will carefully and professionally sort, pack, and secure all of your belongings while you sit back and relax. Don’t worry if you only need partial packing services or you want full-service packing—we offer both!
Looking for packing services? Call us today at (703) 889-8899 for more information about our residential packing services in Washington, DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia!
Full-Service Home Packing Services in MD & DC
If you prefer to leave the packing to the professionals, that’s no problem. Our trained movers are ready to pack your belongings securely and quickly in preparation for your move. Whether you have a four-bedroom home or a studio apartment, we can tackle every kind of home packing request.
Contact us today to learn more about our full-service home packing and schedule your move with Georgetown Moving and Storage Company.
Partial-Service Residential Packing Services
Are you planning to pack most of your home items but prefer professional help with fragile pieces? Our partial packing services are the perfect solution for your residential packing needs.
At Georgetown Moving and Storage Company, our partial packing service refers to a customer packing roughly 70% of the items and our movers packing roughly 30%. When you leave the wrapping and packing of your delicate, breakable items to the professionals, you’ll have peace of mind during your move.
Contact us today to learn more about our partial home packing service and schedule your move to or from the Washington, DC, Maryland, or Northern Virginia area!
Home Packing Tips: How To Pack for a Move
Packing a home before a big move can be overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be! With Georgetown Moving and Storage, our team of professionals can efficiently help you in every step of the packing process.
- Pack a box of essentials. Items can get jumbled in transit, and after the move, all your boxes begin to look the same. It’s best to have one box of items you know you will need on the day of your move. Often, this box includes items such as:
- A spare box, scissors, tape, and a marker in case you forget to pack something!
- Paper towels and toilet paper
- Toiletries—a toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, etc.
- Phone and laptop chargers
- And any personal items that will make your first night comfortable!
- Label everything. Separate items by room and clearly label each box on the top and side.
- Remember, the heavier the item, the smaller the box. Only use small boxes for books. Larger boxes of heavy items are more likely to split open during the move.
- Always stack plates and bowls upward. Do not lay them flat when packing!
- Use packing tape, not duct tape. Duct tape is not strong enough to withstand heavy items or lots of movement.
- Don’t use boxes without tops. Open or topless boxes make it impossible for movers to stack the boxes in the truck, which increases the chances of your items being damaged or lost in transit.
- Consider items that need special treatment. For example, plasma televisions require special crates for moving—they can be ruined if you lay them flat!
These tips should get you well on your way to successful residential packing and unpacking, but if you would like assistance with your packing before your move, Georgetown Moving and Storage Company is here to help!
Contact us today for more information on our home packing services and learn how we can make your move easier and less stressful!
Georgetown Moving Can Help Pack Your Furniture
For large antiques or furniture that you cherish, we have experienced and trained movers to help your move go as smoothly as possible. Large furniture can be incredibly heavy and need the experts to carry it up or down the stairs. Some examples of larger furniture that could benefit from our professional help include:
- Large tables
- Oddly shaped desks
- And more!
We are the movers who can assist you and complete your move. Contact us online for a free estimate!
Contact Georgetown Moving and Storage Company for All Your Home Packing Needs in DC, MD & Northern VA!
Georgetown Moving and Storage Company offers a wide variety of services to make your move as effortless as possible. We understand how valuable the items in your home are to you, and we take extra precautions to make sure your items are safe in transit.
Our movers are friendly, professional, and local to the DMV area—you might even run into them at your local supermarket, coffee shop, or bookstore on the weekends!
Whether your home is located in Manassas, VA, Washington, DC, Baltimore, MD, or anywhere nearby, we can help with your residential packing needs.