Portable Self-Storage Containers in DC Metro Area
Anyone who’s done it knows: Moving is exhausting. Packing up and transporting dozens of cardboard boxes to a new location takes a lot of time and effort. You have to rearrange your schedule to suit others and worry about whether your personal belongings will be protected and secure.
If you’ve ever wished there was an easier way to move (and who hasn’t?), you’re in luck: Portable storage containers are a solution that makes moving a lot less stressful. Whether it’s across town or several states away, Georgetown Moving and Storage Company’s portable storage and moving containers provide the flexibility you need to execute a smooth move. We also provide all the information you need on permits and requirements for your location.
Ready to reserve a portable storage container in the greater Washington, DC, area? Contact Georgetown Moving and Storage Company online today or call (703) 889-8899!
Benefits of Portable Storage Containers
What are the advantages of portable storage containers? We’re glad you asked!
- You’re in control: Whether you need three days or three weeks to pack, you get to dictate your move’s pace.
- Better organization: Once a box is filled and taped, you can place them in the container — no more shuffling boxes around or tripping over them in your living space. Plus, you get to see in real-time how your move is progressing.
- Weatherproof: All storage containers from Georgetown Moving and Storage Company are waterproof and weather-resistant, so you never have to worry about leaving your packed belongings outside.
- Peace of mind: Your personal belongings are always safe with us! We’re a registered, licensed, and bonded moving company that offers basic valuation insurance free of charge to every customer.
Portable Units for DC-Area Storage Solutions
Portable storage has changed the way people move, but how exactly does it work? This infographic, which we summarize below, gives you all the information you need.
- Schedule delivery: We deliver one or more portable storage containers directly to your property on the day you request.
- Prompt pickup: Once you’ve filled your containers, give us a call to arrange pickup. Our skilled, licensed, and bonded operators will treat your property with the utmost care.
- Flexible options: Whether you want your containers fast-tracked to your new home or you want to store them with us for a little while, we can accommodate your needs.
- Affordability: Georgetown Moving and Storage Company prides itself on being an affordable local moving and storage company. We never nickel and dime our customers, and we offer the best services at the best prices!
Benefits of a Local Moving Company vs. a Big National Chain for Your Portable Storage Needs
You get unmatched customer service and flexibility when you choose a local moving company for portable storage containers. National chains typically have rigid corporate guidelines, but our local team works with you to ensure you get the exact moving and storage solutions you need!
Learn more about how a local moving company is your best option for portable storage by contacting Georgetown Moving and Storage Company online today or calling (703) 889-8899.
Local Storage Container Permits & Requirements
Some towns, cities, and homeowners associations require permits to put a portable container on the street or your property. Here are some current requirements, but it’s always a good idea to check with your local authorities before having your containers delivered.
Washington, DC Moving Storage Container Permits & Requirements
Washington, DC, defines a mobile self-storage unit as a “moving storage container (pod).” The city requires a permit if the container is parked in the street’s parking lane in front of your home or on front or side yards between buildings and driveways. You can contact the District of Columbia Transportation Online Permitting System to receive a permit and “No Parking” signs if needed.
Arlington County Portable Storage Device Permits & Requirements
Arlington County defines a mobile self-storage unit as a “portable storage device.” You must obtain a permit for practically any type of parking, including driveways, public roads, or private property. The county’s Zoning Division issues private property permits. Public parking requires a “Transportation Right-of-Way” permit.
Alexandria Packing Crates/Pods/Trailers Moving Permits & Requirements
The city of Alexandria defines mobile self-storage containers in many ways, including “pods,” “packing crates,” or “trailers for moving.” A permit is required, and you may need to obtain a “Reserved Parking” permit as well. You can learn more about permit guidelines and check out an Application for Right-Of-Way Permit.
Fairfax County Temporary Portable Storage Container Permits & Requirements
In Fairfax County, a mobile self-storage unit is defined as a “temporary portable storage container.” No permit is required, but there are numerous limitations regarding classification and use of the storage container:
- A temporary portable storage container is a “purpose-built, fully enclosed, box-like container used to load and unload from a transport vehicle.” Our portable storage containers comply with this requirement.
- You may not place containers on a street, trail, sidewalk, or any other location where it would interfere with pedestrian or vehicular traffic or reduce visibility at street intersections required open spaces, or landscaped areas.
To learn more, you can consult the county’s guidelines.
Montgomery County Portable Storage Container Permits & Requirements
Montgomery County uses the definition “portable storage containers.” A permit is required to temporarily place containers within the right of way or on a county road. A permit is not required if the container is placed on your private property’s driveway or lawn, etc. More information is available on the county’s Department of Permitting Services webpage.
Prince George’s County Portable Storage Container Permits & Requirements
Prince George’s County also uses the term “portable storage container.” A permit is required when using the public right of way. To get more details about storage permitting, contact your city or town for its regulations and requirements.
Arrange a Portable Storage Container in the DC Metro Area
The good news is moving doesn’t have to be the fast-paced, one-day event it once was. Portable storage containers let you set a slower pace, just the way you hoped it could be!
Ready to schedule delivery of a portable storage container? Contact Georgetown Moving and Storage Company online today or call (703) 889-8899 to learn more.