Interstate Moving Services to & From Washington, DC
Moving a long distance is an exciting chance to meet new people and live in a different part of the country, but we know it can also be a stressful process.
If you’re looking for interstate movers to help make your transition smooth and easy, look no further than Georgetown Moving and Storage Company. We offer all the packing and moving services you’re looking for. Plus, we guarantee delivery days.
For a free interstate moving quote, call (703) 889-8899 today.
Choose the Top-Rated Interstate Movers in the D.C. Area
We offer these benefits to our customers in the D.C. metro area and the eastern U.S.:
- Delivery guarantees: Many other movers offer unreasonable delivery windows of upward of three weeks or more, but rest assured, you’ll have your belongings within one to three days of pickup.
- Direct guaranteed service: We haul your belongings directly to your new home with no stops along the way.
- Storage services: Your interstate move may require you to store belongings temporarily. Short- or long-term, store with Georgetown Moving and Storage Company for the lowest prices and best security possible.
- Packing services: If you need extra help packing for your interstate move, our full-service moving solutions are your chance to leave the worst parts about moving to our experienced interstate movers.
- Flat interstate moving rate: We want your move to go smoothly and be affordable. With a transparent, upfront moving rate, you’re never caught off guard by hidden fees. Since we don’t nickel-and-dime our customers, you’ll also never see additional credit card charges.
Interstate Moving in the Eastern U.S.
Our service area spans the East Coast from Maine to Florida and from Minnesota down the Mississippi River to Louisiana. We help individuals and families move to and from anywhere in the eastern half of the U.S. and the Washington, DC, metro area.
Long-Distance Interstate Moving With Guaranteed Delivery Days
Depending on how far you’re moving in relation to Washington, DC, we guarantee delivery of your moving truck within one, two, or three days.
If you’re moving from Cleveland to Alexandria, VA, we’ll have your moving truck to you the very next day. If your interstate move takes you a little further from D.C., say to Boston or Detroit, you can expect your truck to arrive in two days.
Even if you’re moving to Bethesda from as far as New Orleans or Minneapolis, we guarantee delivery within three days.
Why Choose Our Interstate Movers?
With different moving companies and DIY options available, what makes Georgetown Moving and Storage Company the best interstate movers for the job?
Our credentials speak for themselves. We are:
- Registered, licensed, bonded, and insured to provide peace of mind during your interstate move
- Covered by the maximum level of liability insurance in the rare case that something goes wrong during the long haul
- A highly professional, award-winning moving company with experienced commercial drivers
- Registered with the DOT
- Accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- A member of the American Moving and Storage Association (AMSA)
- Licensed by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Approved by the General Services Administration (GSA)
Contact Us to Learn More About Our Interstate Moving Services
It all starts with careful packing and furniture wrapping at your house or apartment. Then, we load the truck and haul it to your new home within one to three days. Upon arrival, we unload and help reassemble furniture. We do it all, and no one does it better.
To request a free moving quote, contact Georgetown Moving and Storage at (703) 889-8899 today.
Interstate Moving FAQ
How do I choose a mover?
When choosing a mover, research their reputation, experience, licenses, insurance, and pricing. It’s also good to ask for references and read reviews from previous customers.
What's the difference between interstate and intrastate moving?
Interstate moving involves moving across state lines, while intrastate moving involves moving within the same state. Interstate moving is regulated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). It requires specific licenses and insurance, while intrastate moving is regulated by the state where the move occurs.
How can I save money on a long-distance move?
To save money on a long-distance move, consider decluttering, moving during the off-peak season, using affordable packing materials, and hiring a reputable and affordable moving company like Georgetown Moving and Storage Company.
Can a local moving company cross state lines?
Yes, a local moving company can cross state lines as long as they are properly licensed and insured to operate in the state(s) they’re crossing.
What's the cheapest time of year to move long distance?
The cheapest time of the year to move long distance is usually during the off-peak season, which is typically from September to May, with the exception of holidays.