Apartment Movers in DC, Maryland & Northern Virginia
From packing your belongings and dealing with parking permits for moving trucks to struggling with the stairs, moving in or out of your apartment can be an annoyance, to say the least. Moving is hectic, but you shouldn’t have to do it alone!
At Georgetown Moving and Storage Company, we provide local and long-distance apartment moving solutions for all your needs in the DC metro area. Our apartment movers are committed to providing prompt, reliable, and affordable apartment moving services to students, families, and individuals throughout Maryland and northern Virginia.
Is It Worth Hiring Professional Movers for Small Apartments?
Moving apartments can be tiresome, and you risk damaging furniture and valuables when you attempt to move yourself. Bed frames, couches, and dressers are heavy and difficult to move safely without the proper equipment.
When hiring a moving company, you can count on professional moving and protective materials, the knowledge and experience to navigate through weather conditions, and hoisting services if your apartment isn’t on the first floor.
Professional movers will:
- Save you time and effort
- Protect your belongings and ensure their safety
- Reduce the stress of moving
- Use professional moving equipment
- Insure your items
Full-Service Apartment Moving
We provide a skilled team of residential movers to make your apartment move in DC as simple as possible. Our full-service moving includes:
- Moving boxes and supplies: We have all the packing and moving supplies you’ll need for an apartment move. We offer packing paper, moving boxes, and more for sale. If you live in the DC metro area, you may be eligible for our free delivery service if you purchase moving boxes individually or in a kit.
- Packing and wrapping: Our trained and certified residential movers are pleased to offer packing services to ensure your belongings are safely transported to your new apartment. However, if you want to pack your items, we suggest reviewing our Packing Supplies Guide to make your transition stress-free.
- Furniture disassembly and truck loading: After all the boxes have been prepared for the move, our expert apartment movers will disassemble any furniture, then load the boxes and furniture into our moving truck.
- Transportation and delivery: All our moving truck drivers have years of experience, clean driving records, and certification for commercial driving. We have the maximum level of liability insurance, in the rare case that something goes wrong during the move, to give you peace of mind.
- Truck unloading and furniture reassembly: Once our truck reaches your new apartment, we’ll unload and reassemble all your furniture — and make sure it’s set up to your liking.
We’re excited to make your next apartment move simple, quick, and easy. If you’re interested in hiring residential movers in the DC area, contact us for more information.
|Looking for something else?
Why Choose Georgetown Moving and Storage Company?
When choosing a moving company, you don’t want cheap service — you want the best. At Georgetown Moving and Storage Company, our expert movers know what it takes to provide exceptional customer service.
Wondering why you should choose us for your moving needs? Georgetown Moving and Storage Company:
- Is a highly professional, award-winning moving company
- Has years of apartment moving experience and well-trained movers to ensure satisfaction
- Is a GSA-approved U.S. government and military contractor
- Moves at your convenience and works around your schedule
- Has the maximum level of liability insurance so you can have peace of mind
- Offers a competitive hourly rate and doesn’t charge extra for long carries or flights of stairs
Call (703) 889-8899 today to learn why we’re the best choice for your DC move.
About Our Moving Rates in DC, MD & VA
At Georgetown Moving and Storage Company, we charge by the hour for all our moving and packing services. Our rate includes travel time to and from our warehouse to your destination and from your old apartment to your new apartment.
When you call for a free estimate, the projected rate we provide is based on door-to-door service and includes:
- Loading and unloading the truck
- Wrapping furniture and valuables in blankets and pads
- Disassembling and reassembling your furniture
Wondering how long it will take us to get to your new destination? If you’re moving locally, we’ll deliver your items the same day. If you’re moving somewhere close, like New York City or Philadelphia, you can expect your belongings the next day. For more destinations, see the map.
Call (703) 889-8899, and we can provide a free quote for your apartment move today.
Contact Us To Schedule Your DC-Area Apartment Move
When you need reliable packing, careful loading, and responsible truck driving to help your apartment move go smoothly, call Georgetown Moving and Storage Company. We’re the residential movers in DC you can trust.