Moving From the DC Area to Philadelphia
The DC Area’s Top-Rated Long-Distance Movers
Philadelphia is a vibrant, busy city with as much historical importance, if not more, than Washington, DC. If you’re moving from DC to Philadelphia and need a team you can trust to get your belongings there safely, turn to our experts at Georgetown Moving & Storage Company.
We’re fully licensed, bonded, and insured, and we feature reliable, thoroughly trained moving professionals who will handle your belongings with complete care and respect.
When you need expert movers from DC to Philadelphia, trust our team at Georgetown Moving & Storage.
Why Choose Our DC Moving Company?
It takes plenty of skill and experience to coordinate an out-of-state move successfully, and Georgetown Moving & Storage is one of the best long-distance movers in DC.
We can make moving from DC to Philadelphia smooth and virtually stress-free. We can handle as much of the process as you wish, from packing and loading your belongings to furniture assembly, staging, storage, and more.
We can even hold on to your belongings until you find a suitable apartment, then deliver them on the day you choose. Our full line of services includes local and long-distance moving, short- and long-term storage, climate-controlled storage, storage pod services, partial or complete packing services, and more.
We’ll work diligently to make your move as easy as possible. That’s why we feature:
- Skilled, professional movers
- Full licensing, insurance, and bonding
- Maximum liability coverage to keep your belongings protected
- Better Business Bureau accreditation
- American Moving and Storage Association membership
- Registration with DOT and state authorities
- A Federal Motor Carriers Administration license
- General Service Administration approval
Make sure your belongings are safe and protected. Choose Georgetown Moving & Storage for your move from the DC area to Philadelphia.
Tips for Moving From DC to Philadelphia
Any move can be a challenge, but an out-of-state move from the DC area to Philadelphia can be a bit more difficult.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind that may make the process easier:
- Philadelphia is a walkable city, so a car is not an absolute requirement.
- There are many public transportation options, including buses, trains, subways, and trolleys.
- The cost of living is lower in Philadelphia than in the DC area, but there are city taxes.
- Buying a home may be cheaper than renting, so consider your options carefully.
- There are plenty of parks, museums, and historical sites for families to visit, many for free.
- Expect to buy food in smaller markets, beer at distributors, and liquor at only state-run stores.
Philadelphia has many great neighborhoods to choose from, such as Chestnut Hills with large single-family homes, Manayunk for professionals who work in the city center (downtown Philadelphia), or University City for college students.
If you’d rather live outside of the city proper, the suburbs of Chesterbrook, Penn Wynne, Ardmore, and Narbeth are all good choices with impressive schools, great atmospheres, and friendly communities.
Schedule Your DC or Philadelphia Move Today
Take the work, stress, and hassle out of your Philadelphia move with help from our team at Georgetown Moving & Storage. We can pack and load your DC home and have it delivered to the Philadelphia area as soon as the next business day.
We guarantee our delivery dates, so you’re never stuck waiting for your belongings, and we offer flat-rate moving quotes with no surprises or hidden fees.
Ready to start planning your Philadelphia move?
Looking for something else?