Are Moving Companies Insured?
Enlisting the services and expertise of a local moving company can make the process of moving so much simpler. But at the end of the day, you’re trusting a team of strangers to pack, handle, move, and unpack your valuables and belongings. This point begs one very important question: are moving companies insured?
Georgetown Moving and Storage Company is here to help you understand how insured moving companies should be the baseline when you’re looking for the best moving company in Maryland and Washington, DC!
Moving Companies and Legal Requirements Regarding Insurance
The first question is easy to answer, but somewhat of a letdown. Do moving companies have to be insured by law? They do, in fact. Most states require a baseline level of liability insurance, though some states only require this if the movers both packed and moved the items. However, the required level of insurance is actually a completely minuscule amount of liability insurance. It guarantees that if your belongings are lost or damaged, you do get compensated. But will it be the full value of the item? Far from it!
However, many moving companies opt for higher levels of insurance coverage, both for their sake and for yours. A more comprehensively covered moving company will often advertise that they are a licensed, bonded, and insured moving company. These are the folks you want to work with.
How Insured Moving Companies Benefit You
So why choose to work with insured movers? There are tons of reasons why trusting your items to an insured company is the best choice. An insured moving company shows that:
- They are confident in the level of service and skill they have to offer – Being an insured moving company, in many ways, opens a company up to potential liabilities. Generally, moving companies will only take on risks if they’re confident that they can do jobs very well.
- They care about the needs and possessions of their clients – When a moving company is insured, it tells you that you don’t have to worry. From job start to moving day to delivery, they have you covered.
- They care about their own movers, and value protecting them – Insured moving companies also cover their employees in case of injury or legal issues. When a company cares about their employees, it fosters a healthier workplace environment, which leads to happier and more productive moving teams.
Insured Moving Company in Washington, DC
Looking to connect with experienced, insured movers in Washington, DC or Maryland? Georgetown Moving and Storage Company has been an insured moving company for decades and offers superior moving solutions. When you work with our team, you’re guaranteed:
- Trained, experienced, and uniformed movers
- An insured moving company that cares about its clients
- Working with a moving company with over 15 years of experience
Whether you’re looking to make a long-distance move, you’re planning a local move, or you want to find portable storage, we’re the team you can be confident in.
Ready to schedule your move with Georgetown Moving and Storage Company? Contact us today, either online or by calling (703) 889-8899!