- Small boxes are very useful for more than just packing books. Those smaller items found in drawers can slip inside easily, plus these boxes work quite well when trying to pack things like documents, pictures, and CD or DVD collections.
- The medium-sized boxes work great when packing bathroom supplies, items from the closet, and knick-knacks commonly found in the garage. The medium boxes often prove key when packing away things we often forget about until moving day.
- As professional movers for several years, we recommend large cartons for bedroom items like pillows, linen, and comforters. In addition, the size of these cartons makes them ideal for packing clothes out of drawers and bulky items coming out of the attic, like Christmas decorations and other seasonal memorabilia.
- Nothing is better for packing fragile supplies found in the kitchen and dining room. The Dish Pack Box works wonders protecting valued china, dishes, and glasses due to its double-sided walls - which provide additional safety for fragile items during transition.
- With a set of four properly constructed picture boxes, you can create shelter from the elements while providing safety during any move for your most prized pictures, regardless of size. As a precaution, put each picture box in the picture corner and then slide individual boxes together to make one unified picture carton. This is the best way to preserve those captured memories safely and effectively.
Additional Packing Supplies
- Wrapping fragile items in this unprinted white paper is an excellent way of preserving them during transition. Covering each item with just two sheets prior to boxing them up is usually enough protection to withstand the move.
- Tape is an essential when moving - without it, packed boxes could open up and spill all of your cherished personal items. If there ever was an invaluable component to relocation, reliable tape is likely the most fundamental part of the equation.
- Bubble wrap is essentially plastic wrapping containing small bubbles filled with air. It is exceptionally useful protection for those highly-prized or breakable items. Also, if you want to prevent resistance between items packed together, bubble wrap is the way to go!
- Similar to bubble wrap - only paper - Kraft Bubble has small air bubbles that makes packing small or large pictures ideal in the picture boxes, as well as great when putting furniture into storage for added protection.
- One big sheet pf storage paper contains four layers of gray paper, which protects wooden items from dust during storage, and acts as a great alternative to moving pads.
Are you in need of the proper packing supplies for your upcoming move in the DC, MD, or VA area? Call us today at (703) 466-0575!
Packing Supplies That We Use on the Day of Your Move
On the day of your move, we will bring the supplies needed to move your large furniture and mattresses. We utilize a number of additional materials, including:
- Moving blankets protect your furniture during the moving process.
- Any hanging clothes will be packed by professional movers on moving day in a wardrobe box, which maintains cleanliness and prevents wrinkles.
- This very large bag is designed specifically to cover mattresses and box springs during moves.
Additional Packing Tips
- Properly labelling each box makes the moving process much easier once you begin settling into your new home. Labels like "kitchen", "dining room", and "master bedroom" work wonders you’re your movers are unloading your packed boxes. Marking boxes as "fragile" or "heavy" also helps movers act accordingly to ensure the safety of your personal belongings.
- Inform us as soon as possible if select prints of art, mirrors, or objects comprised of marble require special packaging. Giving us a heads-up allows us time to make sure we have correctly-sized crates and the proper materials needed to ensure its safety during transport.
- Before the start of your move, please turn off and disconnect all electronic devices, if possible. This helps prevent the damaging of fragile electronic components. Also, don’t forget to ensure the proper labeling and packaging of these items, if you are packing them yourself.
- Movers will place lampshades in whichever box best houses them. Lamps will be packed and wrapped in moving blankets, then placed inside a commercial bin for added security.
- Glass, marble, mirrors, art work, and antiques serve as just a few examples of the many belongings we can custom crate. Our on-site developer will prepare a crate for any sized item that needs prioritization during transport.
- As a disclaimer, we cannot accept responsibility for the safety and security of items not assembled by staff of Georgetown Moving and Storage Company.
Professional Packing Services in DC, MD & VA
Packing and moving should never be stressful. Contact Georgetown Moving and Storage Company today for more information on how we can make your move to or from Washington, DC, Maryland, or Northern Virginia easier - packing included!
Call us at (703) 466-0575 or fill out our contact form online to learn more about our professional packing and moving services!