Deciding how to pack your belongings safely and securely can be difficult, time-consuming, and frustrating - unless you have a professional home packing company to do the work for you!
When you trust our professional home packing service for your move, we will carefully and professionally sort, pack, and secure all of your belongings while you sit back and relax. Don’t worry if you only need partial packing services or want full-service packing - we offer both!
Call us today at (703) 466-0575 for more information about our home packing services in Washington, DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia!
Full-Service Home Packing
If you prefer to leave the packing to the professionals, that’s no problem. Our trained movers are ready to pack your belongings securely and quickly in preparation for your move. Whether you have a four-bedroom home or a studio apartment, we can tackle every kind of home packing request.
Contact us today to learn more about our full-service home packing - and to schedule your move to or from the Washington, DC area with Georgetown Moving and Storage Company!
Partial-Service Home Packing
Are you planning to pack most of your home items, but prefer professional help with fragile pieces? Our partial packing services are the perfect solution for your home packing needs.
At Georgetown Moving and Storage Company, our partial packing service refers to a customer packing roughly 70% of the items and our movers packing roughly 30%. Knowing you’ve left the wrapping and packing of your delicate, breakable items to the professionals, will give you peace of mind during your move!
Contact us to learn more about our partial home packing service - and to schedule your move to or from the Washington, DC, Maryland, or Northern Virginia area today!
Home Packing Tips
Packing a home before a big move can be a bit overwhelming - but it doesn’t have to be! With Georgetown Moving and Storage, we will help you in every step of the packing process. Even if you choose to pack your own items, we’ve compiled a list of expert tips to make your transition as smooth as possible - and to ensure our movers are prepared for your move.
- Pack a box of essentials. Items can get jumbled in transit, and after the move all of your packing boxes begin to look the same. It’s best to have one box of items you know you will need on the day of your move. Often, this box includes items such as:
- A spare box. scissors, tape, and a marker - in case you forget to pack something!
- Paper towels and toilet paper
- Toiletries - a toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, and deodorant to name a few
- Phone and laptop chargers
- And any personal items that will make your first night comfortable!
- Label everything. Separate items by room and clearly label each box on the top and side.
- Remember the heavier the item, the smaller the box. Only use small boxes for books. Larger boxes of heavy items are more likely to split open during the move.
- Always stack plates and bowls upwards - do not lay them flat when packing!
- Use packing tape, not duct tape. Duct tape is not strong enough to withstand heavy items or lots of movement.
- Don’t use boxes without tops. No tops make it impossible for movers to stack the boxes in the truck, and increases the likelihood that your items will be damaged or lost in transit.
- Consider items that need special treatment. For example, plasma televisions require special crates for moving - they can ruin if you lay them flat!
These tips should get you well on your way to a successful home packing - but if you decide you need a bit of assistance with your packing prior to your move, Georgetown Moving and Storage Company is here to help!
Contact us today for more information on our home packing services - and learn how we can make your move easier and less stressful!
Contact Georgetown Moving and Storage Company for all of your Home Packing Needs in DC, MD, and Northern VA!
Georgetown Moving and Storage Company offers a wide variety of services - including home packing - to make your move as effortless as possible. We understand how valuable the items in your home are to you, and we take extra precaution to make sure your items are safe in transit.
Call us today at (703) 466-0575 or fill out our online contact form to learn more about our home packing services - and make the right choice for your next move!