Government & Military Moving Company in Washington, DC
Local & Long-Distance Military Moves To & From the DC Area
Are you a government employee or military service member preparing to move for your job? As a General Services Administration (GSA) approved mover, Georgetown Moving and Storage Company can help relocate you and your family to or from DC, Virginia, and Maryland with ease.
- Local government and military moves: Perhaps you’re being reassigned from Fort Detrick to Andrews Air Force Base or other military installations in the DC metro area. The move may not cover very many miles, but we’re here to help ensure a smooth transition for you and your family.
- Long-distance government and military moves: You might currently be stationed at a military base or government facility in another part of the country. If a reassignment requires you to relocate to DC, Virginia, or Maryland, rest assured that we are a fully bonded and insured Interstate Authority Carrier licensed to facilitate moves across state lines.
- Commercial moves between military bases: Along with moves for residential government employees and military service members, we also offer commercial moving services between military installations, whether locally or long distance.
About Our GSA Credentials
All GSA-approved US government / military contractors must receive two credentials: a Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) code and a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number.
A CAGE code is mandatory to do business with the government through a GSA Schedule or any other federal contract. A DUNS number, issued by the Dun and Bradstreet Company, is required to register as a GSA-approved contractor.
Our credentials include:
- CAGE # 65J93
- DUNS # 003468058
You can verify our credentials with the Defense Logistics Information Service.
Moving Between Military Bases
We often help military members and their families move to and from military bases and installations. We service all bases throughout the country with specific experience moving to and from those located in DC, Virginia and Maryland, including:
- Fort Belvoir
- Fort Detrick
- Marine Corps Base Quantico
- Joint Base Anacostia
- Andrews Air Force Base
- Fort Myer
- … and others
Storing Belongings During Overseas Deployment
If you’re being deployed overseas, Georgetown Moving and Storage Company has four secure, GSA-approved storage facilities in the DC area where you can safeguard your belongings while you’re away. We have flexible storage options to meet your needs, no matter how long your deployment lasts.
- Short-term military storage: You might have a brief assignment planned that requires only short-term storage. No matter how temporary your storage requirements are, we can meet your needs.
- Long-term military storage: For a lengthy deployment, it might make sense to put your belongings in long-term storage. Our secure, temperature-controlled storage facilities ensure your possessions are safe with us until you return.
- Portable storage: You may want to utilize storage during the moving process if there’s wait time between your move-out and move-in dates. In this case, portable PODS-like storage is a great solution we offer.
To qualify as a GSA-approved storage facility, we must meet stringent quality and security requirements. Here’s what you can expect when you choose us for your military storage needs:
- We provide you with a detailed inventory sheet of your stored belongings for your records.
- No unsupervised access is permitted in the facility where storage containers are held.
- A warehouse manager is on staff to retrieve your storage container if you need to grab something.
- The warehouse is locked and safeguarded with security cameras at night.
- The warehouse is climate controlled to prevent exposure to the elements.
Facilitating Government-Funded Moves
The government may be paying for your upcoming move, whether upfront or as a reimbursement package. Usually when this happens, the government requires weigh station tickets to verify the cost. We offer this service, being sure to weigh our empty truck before your move and again once your goods are loaded on.
Benefits of Choosing Georgetown Moving and Storage Company
In the years since we first opened our doors, we have become one of the most-trusted GSA-approved moving companies in Maryland, DC, and Virginia.
Here’s what you get when you choose Georgetown Moving and Storage Company to help with your government or military move:
- Reliability: Our management team has 15+ years of experience in the business, and every skilled mover we hire has two or more years of experience plus training on how to pack and move efficiently and safely.
- Professionalism: We’re a GSA-approved contractor and accredited by the Better Business Bureau with an A+ ranking, the highest any business can achieve! We have also won the Angie’s List Award six times and counting. Our membership in the American Moving and Storage Association, local Chambers of Commerce, and other organizations should further add to your confidence in us.
- No nickel and diming: When we quote you a price, what you see is what you get. Unlike other movers, we don’t tack on extra charges for moving blankets or long-carry services down flights of stairs. We also charge no additional taxes or credit card fees to keep your move as affordable as possible.
- Peace of mind: We’re fully licensed, bonded and insured to handle interstate moves as well as those located right in the Washington DC Metro area. Our movers wrap all items professionally to help avoid damage. Full insurance is also available for extra peace of mind.
Schedule Your Military Move with Georgetown Moving and Storage Company
We proudly support our troops and government as a GSA-approved moving company. We strive to meet all the needs of our military and government employee customers to do our part for this great country of ours. Choose us as your full-service moving and storage company to ensure zero gaps in service when you move to or from DC, Virginia, and Maryland!
To learn more about our safe, reliable military/government moving services, please call Georgetown Moving and Storage Company at (703) 466-0575 or contact us online